Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Prophecy Fulfilled: “...the most reckless President in American history”©

 Prophecy Fulfilled: “...the most reckless President in American history”© 

Having a personal, moral, and (I think) legal obligation as a citizen of the United States to participate in its public affairs, I will from time to time explain here my opposition to the nomination and election of Donald J. Trump to be President of the United States. If you wish to differ with me, please do so on your own website or blog. I am not wishing to engage in debate with anyone here. I only wish to register and document for myself, my posterity, and others with whom I may have some influence, my opposition to Mr. Trump–a position I first took in this blog prior to his election several years ago.

A Prophecy Fulfilled

On 8 August 2016, seven years ago, 50 prominent Republican foreign policy and national security experts wrote an open letter to the American people opposing the election of Donald Trump. My copy is from the online version of the Wall Street Journal.

Here is how they prophetically concluded that letter:

We are convinced that in the Oval Office, he would be the most reckless President in American history.”(1)

As it turns out these men and women, Republicans all, experienced all, and in this case wise all, had their finger on the pulse of Donald Trump very well.

The accuracy of this statement should be self-evident to every thinking and well informed American. Its truth was demonstrated repeatedly during Trump’s presidency, most notably on 6 January 2021; and again on Tuesday, 13 June 2023, when he faced 37 formal criminal charges for his handling, or rather mishandling, of classified documents.

Indeed, Donald Trump has been, and would continue to be, the “most reckless President in American history!”  Republicans didn’t listen to them then.  Will they listen this time?  

This is one reason I am and always have been a “Never Trumper.”

Let’s think together again, soon.

PS:  I will notice other things said in this very important and prescient letter in future posts in this series.

Notes:

1.  https://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/natsecurityletter08082016.pdf ; emphasis added.

     Accessed 14 June 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment