Wednesday, January 18, 2023

I Resigned from the Republican Party and became an Independent.

 I want to make public that today I officially left the Republican Party and registered as an Independent.  Why?  Well, I’ll keep it brief.  For more than six years this country has suffered at the hands of Donald Trump.  He is a would be despot and tyrant.  He is willing to abandon Constitutional principles as he recently said.  He is equally deficient in four categories. It is difficult to tell which is worse, 1) his total lack of moral principles, 2) his monumental ignorance, 3) his insufferable arrogance, or 4) his desire to be a despot and a tyrant.  Combined, they produced the worst president in the nation’s history.  But the PARTY still cottons to him.  

And they (the party) showed they collectively possess the same four traits with the election of Kevin McCarthy as Speaker of the House, a Trump lackey, a man only a few steps behind in the categories mentioned above.  Moreover, to keep his slim majority vote, he refuses to take action on Representative George Santos–which to me is exhibit A that McCarthy and the party have the Trump deficiencies in good measure.

For these and other reasons, I feel (and my wife has done the same) that the Republican Party has sufficiently lost its moorings and abandoned moral government and good principles to the point that I am out.  They abandoned me, I have not abandoned them.

Lets think together again, soon.

Danel W. Bachman

No comments:

Post a Comment