that is within our reach, is the great art of life.”
of all the gifts which we have wasted, of all that we might have done which we did not do.”
- Welcome to Washington, D.C. Thank you for coming.
- Thank you for participating in our democracy.
- Yesterday I promised you I would listen and try to be the president of all the people. In fulfillment of that promise, here is what I have come prepared to do. I have brought teams of helpers. They will be with you all day recording what you say. They will receive your statements, your petitions, whatever. One group will receive your objections to me personally, another group will receive your concerns about policies etc., and a third group will receive your suggestions for improving this nation.
- We have contacted Hillary Clinton and Carly Fiorina to head up a special committee to review all of this and in three weeks give us a report of the 10 or 15 most important items in each category. Three weeks after that I will address the nation and outline what we intend to do on these matters–how we will address them.
- We wish you a great day in Washington. Sorry, we couldn’t have arranged better weather for you. Thank you again for coming and participating.